What We Know (and Don't Know) About Chuba, Tylan, Monken and Dunn

Every NFL team blames their losses on the QB coach. How do you guys not know this?

2 Likes

Edmonton is in mountain time.

Canada is a big country, y’all. They have 5 continental time zones.

3 Likes

:man_shrugging:t2::canada::canada:

Not sure where I saw the idea (might have been Lee) but I would love it if they wait till Monday and do a big announcement on Chuba coming back then (assuming he is of course). Like full Heisman marketing and everything. That way it will be scrolling across the bottom of the biggest college game of the year all night long for all those viewers to see!!!

4 Likes

What? I thought they were all set to the same clock that had midnight at 'eh’t PM.

I’m not even proud of that one. I’m just trying to crawl out of my stress hole and I haven’t moved to drinking yet, so puns will have to do.

3 Likes

Last thing I’ll say, and then maybe move over to the video game thread…?

I had to stop playing right after that part, and my friends egged me on into playing more. But at the same time, I was mystified at how different the game was from stuff I’d played in the past.

You should play the remastered HD version, that they made for GameCube and then re-released for PS4 and Wii and other consoles. They added some stuff, and the music and graphics are way better. It is a much better version. The zombies are more aggressive, too, meaning they can come back to life, and they run full-speed at you.

1 Like

I think a video game thread would be a delightful distraction in these trying times

4 Likes

The announcement will likely be part of a Heisman campaign kick off.

At least… I hope so…

2 Likes

I for one cannot doubt Gundy on hiring offensive coords. Defensive, oh yeah all day long I doubt it. He has a good one now. I don’t really think though a few of those years where the defense struggled was the coordinators fault only, our offense wore our own defense down

1 Like

They better not screw that up. It’s a prime opportunity NOT ONLY for Chuba to get much needed attention, but the program as a whole. It will put more eyes on the team. Hopefully that means our games will be picked up for “bigger” time slots.

2 Likes

By offensive coordinators I mean offensive as a whole, QB, WR etc

I kinda hope they hire a marketing firm to handle it. Outsource it to the folks that 100% know what they’re doing. I know there’s a firm in Dallas that did RG3’s and Johnny Manziel’s campaigns.

4 Likes

I took the ball security comment from Gundy as covering for his player. There is zero chance IMO that any QB at oSU doesn’t have ball security drilled into them everyday. Gundy hangs his hat on not turning the ball over. Just growing pains for SS IMO and a coach wanted to reduce the heat.

1 Like

I like this hire. Hoping it doesn’t preclude Monken in some way.

Maybe it’s just me, but are we babying Sanders more than we have other young QBs we have had?

1 Like

Why would you think that?

I dunno, just seems like kid gloves a bit with him a bit. Like I said maybe just me

I don’t think so.

The coaches are about the same as they are with every QB.

The fans (not all, obviously, but there have been some vocal ones) are already picking Illingsworth to win the starting job.

I have a bet with one poster going that thinks Sanders is already a failure and won’t amount to anything.

So no. I don’t think he’s being babied.

I mean I hope Shane gives him some competition. Just overall mistakes he made were glossed over a bit it seemed by coaching, blamed on other factors. But, again just me. I love the kid and see all the potential he was labeled with and hope he has a phenomenal 2nd year as the starter.

We fans seem a little antsy waiting today…

I like the hire.

He’s well known in Louisiana

Was a great college QB

Played in the NFL

Coached in the NFL

All those things are great for recruiting on the offensive side of the ball.

2 Likes