Why OSU Will Beat OU on Saturday in Bedlam 2020

U just proved ever thing I say u want riley to take u to the prom and bal bal bal.

Iā€™ve never seen u post more then one post with out say ou or 2 and 13.

Rileyā€™s losing 4 game before the bowl. Its said to see u cry when that happens. I would hold ur hand but Iā€™m not a loser or riley

Osu will win if they suit Brennan Presleyā€™s little brother up Saturday! That kid is whoā€™s hands you want it in every play. Heā€™s a special talent and a game changer.

Yeah I agree with you man. Iā€™ve been championing and defending Gundy for as long as I can remember. At some point you got to call a spade a spade. I bleed orange. I put the blame on Yurcichs play calling when in fact it wasnā€™t his fault. The plays Texas did against us we didnā€™t do any of that stuff while he was here at OSU. Its all Gundy. Heā€™s honestly a wuss. He has no balls. We have one signature play. March down the field and kick a FG. The only way we will win this is if OU beats themselves and our defense scores some points. Thats it

Letā€™s be clear here, I said ā€œin the top 25ā€ not ā€œfinishes.ā€ There is a difference. I donā€™t care to pool all the data, but Iā€™m pretty confident weā€™ve been in the top 25 for multiple weeks in every season under Gundy besides maybe his first two

In the end itā€™s not where you start, but where you finish. Are you tired of this team having higher expectations by fans (and even media pundits) only for a coach to have them regress?

What major accomplishment has been done since 2011? Oh yeah!!! Four 10 win seasons since then. Awesome!!! I hope we can at least get third place again this season.

Iā€™m really looking forward to beating the teams we should beat and maybeā€¦just maybe we wonā€™t get embarrassed by another ranked team in a bowl game again.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not trying to say itā€™s where I wanna be, Iā€™m saying Gundy is untouchable because the university is happy with it. It would be a big risk to dump Gundy and hope that we could replace him with somebody better. Theyā€™re content and comfortable with what we have and are willing to ride it out

I think with Booneā€™s passing, thereā€™s nobody really lighting a fire under Gundy anymore. Seems he was the only one willing to talk about his Bedlam record and other struggles

Iā€™m happy weā€™re a competent and fairly respected program, but of course I wish we could do more

1 Like

You can tell Gundy made ESPN hold things EXTREMELY close to the chest on this weekā€™s doc episode leading up to bedlam. They usually have a bunch of practice clips and meeting clips in every episode, there was none of that this week. No mention of tylan and chubaā€™s status, they show KHP talking about being hurt but never say one way or another if heā€™ll play, and they donā€™t show any full practice clips or meeting conversations at all. Gundy definitely looked through their film and was like ā€œshow them nothing.ā€ I donā€™t even think Gundy is in it at all.

1 Like

This is the most logical and well-worded way to describe the whole Gundy era I think Iā€™ve seen. If you say heā€™s done a good job, all of the sudden the Gundy assassins claim that youā€™re ā€œhappy with never winning anything.ā€ If you say you want him fired, you ā€œdonā€™t understand how football works.ā€ Itā€™s okay to be in the middle, and itā€™s probably the most logical place to be.

People donā€™t understand that itā€™s acceptable to both be happy with the heights Gundy has taken the program AND expect more at this point. I think Gundy has done a fantastic job in his tenure and OSU would be nowhere close to the status theyā€™ve risen to without him. But I also think heā€™s had opportunities to raise the bar higher and heā€™s kind of plateaued. Heā€™s not doing a ā€œbadā€ job, but he needs to get over that last bit of hump that he canā€™t seem to reach. Finding ways to beat OU every once in a while would definitely do it. If he would have beaten Ou just half of the times heā€™s lost to them heā€™d have 3 or 4 conference titles right now.

2 Likes

I know We could go back and forth on this for the rest of time, but I donā€™t think opinions will ever change. So Iā€™ll leave it at this. As far as bowls go, OSU is the only team in the top 20 in total bowl wins to play in less than 40 bowls. Theyā€™ve only played in 30. Everyone else in the top 20 as played at least 10 or more bowl games than OSU, so they win more often than almost anyone else. Almost half of their bowls all time have come under Gundy.

The key is Ou. And Gundy has a solar-system-sized problem with OU. Bad enough that it alone is enough to warrant him getting fired. I agree with that 100%. If he could just figure out how to beat them just half of the times heā€™s lost, heā€™d have 4/5 conference titles, he just canā€™t get it done. So in that sense, I 110% understand and agree with your complaints. If he could ever man up and figure out how to beat them, though, heā€™d be one of the most successful coaches in college football. Itā€™s always Ou every year that ruins our aspirations. If it werenā€™t for his poor play vs them, heā€™d be a top 10 coach, if not top 5, if it werenā€™t for that. 2008, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2017 all ruined by OU. I hate saying he needs to be fired when he has a million accomplishments compared to one issue, but itā€™s hard to say your opinion of him is wrong when that one issue is big enough to ruin all of his accomplishments and he never seems to figure out how to solve that issue. Iā€™m back and forth on whether it would be best to move on from him. Sure, a change in coaching could lead to more bedlam wins, but Iā€™m not sure if that new coach could perform as well at everything else as Gundy has. Iā€™m not saying they couldnā€™t, but I donā€™t know if they could. Another issue is Bedlam isnā€™t just a Gundy problem. Itā€™s been a problem for just about every coach thatā€™s come through OSU, so I donā€™t know who they could find to figure it out. Itā€™s like the program has some sort of witch curse over their head with ou or something. Itā€™s dumb.

2 Likes

Why hasnā€™t PFB given us any of the synopsis articles of the documentary the last few weeks? I miss those, as I donā€™t have ESPN.

Not sure. If itā€™s any help, there wasnā€™t much to summarize this week. Just showed some of the players having a cookout and some of the coaches hunting. Not much football related. Last week was pretty interesting though. If you havenā€™t seen it, look up Gundy screaming about KSUā€™s band. Hilarious.

And you wonā€™t do more unless you find a coach that desires to do more.

I agree with this and will take it a step further. OU has a freshman QB who has barley played against 1-on-1 coverage all year. If the Pokes can cover1-on-1 effectively and pressure Rattler I bet the kid throws it to our D once or twice.

1 Like

And which of those two programs are better than OSU? Would you want Techā€™s record? Especially after the firing of Leach. Just sayingā€¦

Joe, If you are not an OU fan then you should be. Iā€™m sure they would love to have you as much as OSU wonā€™t miss you. Doubt you buy tickets or merchandise or donate or support OSU anyway. You ought to head on down to Walmart and buy yourself some OU t-shirts and hop on that bandwagon! Honestly, you would be a happier person and you will be right at home with the rest of the Sooner faithful. You and your brethren can bash little brother together and have a heck of a time. Of course, that would not be as fun as trolling around this site.

Iā€™m just tired of everyone saying theyā€™re unbeatable. The worst winning percentage against OU in the conference is unacceptable. I know weā€™re not there yet but thatā€™s where we are headed.

That is fair and I feel the same. However, you had best be sure you have a exactly the right guy before you replace Gundy. Otherwise you end up like TT, FSU, Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee, etcā€¦ Special emphasis on Texas because they forced out Mack and have not done squat since. I donā€™t know what gives anyone confidence that we can recruit another coach who can win at OSU more than Gundy has won. We ainā€™t getting Nick, Dabo, Urban or any other proven commodity to come to Stillwater. You have to try for someone like Luke Fickle who may or may not be able to win in Stillwater much less at a championship level.

I just hope we donā€™t get lazy and let a few deep balls sail over our head. We tend to do that at least 2 or 3 times every bedlam. I think if we can just keep them in front of us, theyā€™ll have a good chance to have both a bunch of turnover opportunities and 3rd down opportunities. They thrive on 3rd down, I think theyā€™ve had the nationā€™s #1 third down defense ever since game 1.