Official Cade Cunningham thread

NO NO NO. Now all I can think about is Cade waiting to see if the hammer drops on OSU before going elsewhere. NO. NO NO. Delete that post!!!

(i don’t think that’s happening)

@kyleboone you heard anything about how the program feels re: possible sanctions? All I’ve read and heard says they feel confident we’ll avoid something earth-shattering.

2 Likes

Lol. That’s a fan generated rumor on Twitter, no reason to let it worry you. I just used that as an example of Kentucky fans being absolutely insane.

1 Like

if Cade does end up at OSU… it’ll be pretty enjoyable to scroll through Kentucky basketball twitter and message boards after the announcement.

5 Likes

This would be peak OSU athletics. The hammer is dropped on us while Calipari, a guy who is guaranteed to bring ncaa violations to your school post employment, skates by.

Regarding possible sanctions, I wrote a pretty lengthy, sourced post on that in the PFB+ hoops thread last week.

As far as Cade committing tomorrow … no one reputable has reported that and I’m dubious it happens for at least another month.

3 Likes

Fans with sources. It’s fake news.

I wonder (I can hope) if him coming out and saying ‘I’m not committed anywhere’ after the first Kentucky ‘leaks’ was a warning to stop making false claims and that he may be getting annoyed with the continued spread of UK misinformation. Yeah, grasping at straws and all that, but I imagine he maybe was a bit annoyed with the ‘OSU hired his brother - he’s going there’ talk too. I think that he really, really wants his recruitment to be his, which includes the announcement, and that pushing and spreading rumors is only going to backfire. Again, I can hope.

You avoided the bet…

Looks like Jerry Meyer has switched to UK…

2 Likes

He did that last week. The panic about that one has died down.

1 Like

I must have missed it…I will breath again!!!

1 Like

Oh, breathing is still likely something to be concerned about, but we have enough new information to give us anxiety attacks. Old stuff is just that.

The Boone Pickens State guy just put out there that Cade is committing to Kentucky tomorrow.

That guy has never been right about anything, so fully expect the opposite to happen now.

3 Likes

Hmmm… You don’t say? Because I got SHREDDED for this take…

He’s just going along with the rumors. If I was not on PFB+ I would think the same thing. The UK fans are doing a really good job of spreading it.

1 Like

You got shredded for the take because you brought it up after every single piece of news about Cade for days after Davis decommitted. Nobody was saying you were outright wrong - just overly premature and persistent with it.

5 Likes

Because the orange colored glasses surrounding the situation was/is ridiculous. I know for certain a VERY prominent member of the program was furious about the way Boyton handled all this. So tell me this, IF CC doesn’t end up in orange and a coaching position as well as a top 100 recruit who would have probably landed us 2 others and created a very good pipeline all was wasted, what should happen with Boyton? We just say “atta boy, get em next time?” I’m genuinely curious what you think and not looking for an argument.

1. I trust Boone to have sources. I trust Cade Webb to have sources. As much as I like you, I don’t know you from Adam, so your knowing ‘for certain’ about all this anger just doesn’t hold any weight. You may believe that you have great sources, but the Kentucky people spreading rumors feel that they do too.
  2. NOW is the proper time to start being concerned about the state of things. The proper time was not immediately after Davis left and it was not hammering the same thought over and over with every single piece of news for days. That’s what people resented.
  3. If this ends with us striking out on Cade and Bryce and Thor…then a conversation about the future may be warranted - but we aren’t at that point yet. I’m as big a pessimist as you’ll find but even I’m not writing us off yet. Also, sorry, but Davis/Williams is nowhere near either Cade or Bryce ALONE, much less with Walker/Thor. I’d make that deal 100 times out of 100 times.
6 Likes

I love Boynton. He’s taking a big shot. Love that too and don’t care if he misses. Glad to have someone laying it all out there and not being happy with mediocrity.

I’m excited about this years squad. Short handed we were in most games last year and it took heroics by Texas Tech (Runner Up in NCAA Tourney) to put us away at home.

So what if we miss on Bryce and Cade? Would love to have them, but we’ve got some talent already on the roster and Boynton will pick up some other decent recruits in their place. Anyway, that’s where I’m at. It would be fabulous, but so what if he swings and misses, at least he’s hustling and trying to go big time. I expect the team to make the tourney and win at least a game or two this year. If they fall way below that then I’ll start to wonder if Coach Mike has what it takes…

3 Likes