PFB+ Basketball Thread 2.0

That is a good showing if they only lost by 11. So many times it seems like the woman #1 seeds just blow everyone out until the Final Four. But I could also be confusing that with regular season games, so many of which are unwatchable because they are such huge blowouts.

5 Likes

I totally agree. They shouldn’t be ashamed of that because you’re right, there still seems to be much less parity in women’s basketball. Baylor who is a 2-seed won by 42 and UConn won by about 35. They also said Stanford was the overall no. 1 seed, so 11 isn’t bad. Again I think it just shows our girls deserved to be seeded higher when two teams they finished above in conference got a 6 and 7 seed. I just don’t get how they justified an 8 seed for our girls. As well as they hung with Stanford tonight they might’ve been able to beat a 2 or 3 seed.

5 Likes

You’re not wrong. #2 Baylor beat their first round by 49 and second round by 42. So our women did a hell a job.

3 Likes

Would suck if Baylor won both the men’s and women’s championship.

6 Likes

Please…please…do not speak of such evil.

I want to keep this man in Stillwater forever

10 Likes

Any chance Holder had a dollar amount already in mind ready to offer Coach Mike as soon as the tourney was over?

3 Likes

I’d be excited to get out of there too :joy::joy:

10 Likes

Did you see the comments Riley made yesterday on transfers? What a hypocritical b!tch.

4 Likes

Such is the way of the Gooner

3 Likes

Why exactly is what he said hypocritical?

Saying he is okay with kids wanting to transfer anywhere they want, but doesn’t want to allow them to go intraconference? That’s not going anywhere. That’s going anywhere but these 9 schools. Let the kids transfer wherever they want to go and get over it.

Tbh, I’m not sure why he’s worried. No one in the Big12 is catching them anytime soon.

If it’s team secrets, he could have a kid graduate and be a GA at TCU sharing those secrets.

2 Likes

Chandler Morris is already on campus at TCU apparently, there is literally nothing stopping him from giving out team secrets (and if he isnt at TCU yet he is still in contact with the coaches so still nothing stopping him). OU whined that it wasnt fair Baker had to sit out a year because of an interconference transfer as he was a walk on so they got a rule changed.

Also the OU fans who are saying “but Kyler had to sit a year…” yeah, the dude had to sit a year behind a Heisman contender, its not like he was going to see the field anyways that first year. But I guarantee you that if Baker had left and Kyler was ineligible they would have tried to get a rule changed to get him to play.

8 Likes

Video for everyone else

From the Athletic:
"Also working against Riley in the public debate is Oklahoma’s liberal use of the transfer portal in recent years. The Sooners added three transfers from Tennessee this offseason alone — plus another from Arizona — and will surely hope they’re all immediately eligible. Quarterbacks Baker Mayfield and Murray both transferred to OU and won the Heisman Trophy. Mayfield came from Texas Tech, another Big 12 school, although he was a walk-on at both programs. Mayfield and Murray sat out a season before being eligible to play for the Sooners. Hurts transferred from Alabama, able to play his lone season in Norman right away as a graduate.

Then there’s the fact that two current members of the Oklahoma coaching staff came directly from opposing Big 12 staffs. Former coach Bob Stoops hired offensive line coach Bill Bedenbaugh from West Virginia in 2013 and defensive line coach Calvin Thibodeaux from Kansas in 2016."

The coaches! If a coach can do it no problem then so should a student. Stop holding them hostage. Grow up.

12 Likes

Can they legally restrict a kid from going wherever they want?

Not sure. The NCAA could come in and approve his move with the stroke of a pen.

I want to light that guy up. What a sh!tty take on the Ringer!

1 Like

Oof…that was hard to read. But not entirely untrue.

I hope free throw shooting is the main issue they focus on, in the offseason. It can be argued that that’s what led us to lose most of our games this season. The TCU losses can be attributed, in part, to it.

Edit: And turnovers. Definitely turnovers. Improve both of those things, we will be very good next year.

3 Likes

They absolutely lambasted them. Holy sh!t!

1 Like