Would You Rather: Auburn or Oklahoma State?

You’ve been trying to label joe on here, try taking your own advice.

R boosters must not care as much as Auburn. None of them have help do anything illegal.

1 Like

To many of our boosters are content with just making a crappy bowl.

1 Like

I didn’t say we need to belong in the blue blood crowd. Auburn isn’t even considered a blue blood. I just think it would be nice to have more than one conference title in 17 years. I don’t know how that’s so difficult to understand.

If Gundy had to play Auburn’s schedule, he might not be the winningest coach in OSU history even after being here twice as long as most coaches.

1 Like

He’s had the best season he’s had in 10 years and now all of a sudden everything should just be okay? The comments you pulled up were from last season (after the TCU loss I think). Is that what we’ve become accustomed to? Just make sure you have an exciting season once a decade? I can give him credit for this season. He admitted last year they needed better coaching. He said it multiple times last season and this season. I had seen that in Knowles and his defensive staff. Now I’m just waiting to see it from Gundy and Dunn with the rest of the offensive staff.

One would think loyal and true would be to the actual program or school, and not a certain coach or individual. That’s like a soldier trying to say “I’m loyal to President Biden. Not the US.” I support the OSU athletics program.

I don’t support the coaches behind them if they don’t have that same desire for the program like the fans or alumni would. The coaches placed in charge of an athletic program need to realize they don’t personally own it. You want a person of character and drive for success in that specific program.

Credit and criticism is a two-way street. It’s okay to give credit when it’s due and the same applies to criticism. Nobody should be immune to either one of these. Loyal and True isn’t going around flirting with Tennessee just to piss off the AD and make the fan base second guess your intentions.

The comments have the date beside them.
Jan 21, Aug 21, Sep 21
I could find many more if I wanted, but 95% of the people in the comment section already know you beg for Gundy to be fired all the time. Your replacement options were major downgrades. You could display some humility and say you were wrong about Gundy, but instead you double down and try to defend a foolish argument.

I can’t imagine what you will be like if OSU loses 4 or 5 games next season.

2 Likes

Do you think we should lose 4-5 games next season?

I agree loyal and true is to the program and school. You would be hard pressed to find someone more committed to Oklahoma State University and OSU football than coach Gundy. Gundy has character and drive for success. Has he made some mistakes, sure he has, but I’ll ask you who would you rather have as the head coach? This should be fun :roll_eyes:. I don’t see the flirting with Tennessee as a big deal. It’s called leverage, he had it and he used it. He got a better contract out of the deal. The bottom line is he’s been head coach for 17 years. There are only 2 active D1 coaches who are longer tenured, and 1 of those is only longer by 1 month. Gundy has over 30 years of being involved with Oklahoma State football. That’s basically all of his adult life. He’s been a student, player, position coach, offensive coordinator, and head coach. If that isn’t loyal and true I don’t know what is.

2 Likes

Do you think Gundy should be fired?

As a player and head coach he has 3 Bedlam wins in 21 seasons. Is there a coach with a worse record against their rival with at least 15 seasons? I doubt it because no one would keep them 15 seasons except OSU.

1 Like

I think 9-3 or 8-4 is the most likely regular season record for next season.

1 Like

His record as a head coach is right in line with the record of the history of the series. Barry Sanders never beat OU as a player so is he a bum too? Gundy put a pass on a guy’s hands to win, so is that Gundy’s fault?

2 Likes

I don’t just blame Gundy, I blame Holder for not finding someone better.

You play Holder for a minute, name your new Oklahoma State head coach.

1 Like

Todd Monken. Graham Harrell without digging.

And???

Who cares if the conference is better if you can barely cross .500?

1 Like

If Graham Harrell is anything like Kliff Kingsbury that would be a horrendous hire. Todd Monken might be a decent hire, but then you have the same old issue, if he has some success he’s gone and with the transfer portal stability seems to be more important than ever.

2 Likes

If that were the case, we would have the 3rd best record in the portal.